Friday, March 23, 2012

It's okay... you can open your eyes now

I'm over my pity party from the other day.  I apologize for letting my insecurities take over my blog for a few minutes.  Just to clear things up, I am going to continue training for May 6.  I will complete the half marathon for Haiti; whether I run, walk, or crawl -- I will finish.

Thank you for the prayers for my 10-miler; I did complete it.  What a trip!  Laura Bakker was able to complete a 10 mile run.  Crazy.  It took me a little longer than I thought that it would, due to some walking and some necessary stretching breaks.  But it's finished... praise God.

My knees were ever-so-grateful for the ice packs, and I honestly don't think that I've ever enjoyed a shower as much as I did after that run.  I'm sure that God probably got a chuckle from my gushing prayers of thanksgiving for modern conveniences like fresh running water from a shower head.  Maybe they helped to make up for the begging and pleading prayers that were going up during the actual run... He was probably about over those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON , Sister!! You continue to amaze me with your perseverance and determination. Now that I cannot run for awhile, I will run vicariously through you! Great job on your 10 miler!

Love you...
Stephanie

Lisa said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! You rocked that run and OWNED it! You are motivating me! I gave a shout out to your 10! Just think in 43 days we are going to do this!! Thank you for being real and still running! You are motivating, rock it cheetah!!!