Friday, March 30, 2012

did anyone catch the license plate number of that truck???

Yesterday I ran 11 miles.  Today I feel like a Mack truck hit me and then backed back over me... ouch.  There are some good things about the run, including the fact that it is finished -- another long run on the books.  Also, I burned something like 1,850 calories, or something crazy like that -- I'll take it.  On the down side, my knees are not feeling well and my back is hurting like mad.

On a positive note, the past week has been really great in our fundraising efforts!  We've managed to push past the $1,000 mark, which is the amount that it takes for one clean, safe c-section in Haiti.  YAY!  We are currently at $1,210 -- BIG thanks to these additional donors:  Alisha Stewart, John McHoul, Geneva Girls Designs, LLC, Julie Lohr, Wendy Thomas, Wendy Sale, and of course Jim Baas.  Amazing!  Lisa and I are both so grateful for all of the support -- both prayerfully and financially.  Every time we get discouraged with the aches and pains or the tired legs, we think of the money we're raising for Heartline and it keeps us pushing forward.  Thank you for being a part of this endeavor with us.

Please continue to pray for physical strength for all of us who are doing the half marathon on May 6, as well as for Heartline and the needs that they see every day.

No comments: