Saturday, January 28, 2012

cross training

It was supposed to be a cross training day today, until I woke up and (somehow) managed to hurt my back within 10 minutes of being awake.  Man, it stinks, getting old...

Anyway, last night, the cat was almost out of the bag.  I didn't think that I'd get out of the movie theater without everyone knowing that I'm training for a half marathon.  Thankfully, the conversation intentionally and quickly changed direction [a couple of times] and I was able to avoid everyone finding out.  Then today, I told my family; figuring that I could use all the prayers I can get, for as long as I can get them.  While it wasn't exactly how I pictured it going (in my head), I have no doubt that they'll pray for me.  :)  For that I feel blessed.  So I think that makes 8 people -- I'm thankful for all 8 who know my (His) plans.

Lastly, I did walk on the treadmill tonight.  It isn't probably the cross training that I needed, but it was the best I could manage tonight.  That's something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, OK not only am I an ardent prayer warrior for you...every time I get on the treadmill I will definitely think about you and pray for you and be glad it is you and not me working toward that 1/2 marathon. Walk and pray, walk and pray, many are praying for and with you. Love, AJ