Thursday, April 19, 2012

amazing gifts...

Today I am grateful.  Grateful for the amazing gift of friendship, and how blessed I am to have so many wonderfully supportive friends in my life.  Grateful, too, for their generosity and how it will impact Heartline.  As of my donations report from last Friday, we have raised $2,635 for Heartline.  I want to take this opportunity to thank those who donated last week:  Julie Stahl, Matt & Sarah Beecham, Jim & Stephanie Baas, and Jim & Denise Stokes.  I am humbled by your generous hearts, and thankful for your support -- truly.  And I'm excited for all of the good things that will be done with that money.  As I've mentioned before, it takes $1,000 for a safe, clean c-section in Haiti.  We're almost to three of those!  It makes me giddy.  :)

Onto running... I have my big run coming up (13 miles) and admittedly I am nervous.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm freaking scared.  My knees are holding up (thanks to an investment into KT tape) but my hip/leg area has been pretty sore.  I've spent a lot of time with ice on it, and have taken ibuprofin regularly for a few days, but it's still not good.  The thought of running 13 miles on it isn't really too appealing.  Not to mention that it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days, which will mean that the 13 will be damp, to say the least.  But, much like the USPS, I will go - regardless of rain, sleet, or snow.  Okay, if it happens to snow, I won't be running outside; I mean, I'm not THAT dedicated.

Anyway, thank you all again for your prayers and financial support.  It really does encourage me and I really do appreciate you.  Keep up the good work.  ;)

No comments: